What are the most common and significant signs and symptoms of spiritual awakening? This post is an update of an article I’ve written back in April of 2012 titled, “Spiritual Awakening Symptoms – Essential Signs of Spiritual Awakening.” I’m reviving and updating it because five years later, I can add even more clarity to a topic that still has a lot of confusion around it.
For example, a current google search of spiritual awakening symptoms includes the following “symptoms:”
- An increased interest in metaphysical and/or religious topics, including in developing a mind-body-spirit connection
- Unusual sensations in your crown, headaches, ringing in your ears, vertigo
- Increased chills or shivers not due to illness
- Taking things less seriously
- Increased empathy and compassion for yourself and others
- Seeing the numbers 11:11 regularly
- Experiencing regular synchronicities, “coincidences,” intuition and messages from the “Universe”
- A desire to reconnect with yourself and become more authentic; to finally be yourself
- Becoming aware of your old negative habits, and feeling you want to finally change your life
- Deep yearning for meaning in your life
- Increased creativity and inspiration
- More awareness about food and nutrition
- Change in sleep patterns; inability to sleep
- Becoming less worried, judgmental and confrontational (and sometimes, more worried)
- Feelings of being connected to everything and everyone; feelings of bliss
It’s generally understood that these signs and symptoms of spiritual awakening will intensify and accelerate as humanity awakens from it millenia-long sleep, and that humanity will continue to be thrown temporarily out of balance. (Why? To help us awaken. Awaken to what? To the truth.)
Back in 2012, James Tyberonn stated that the spiritual awakening symptoms predicted to increase included, “mood swings, dizziness, insomnia, anxiety, lethargy, apathy and fatigue.” Other spiritual teachers had their own lists, which included headaches and other body aches and pains, emotional rollercoaster rides, angry outbursts, sweating, changes in energy levels, sleep patterns, jobs, and relationships, and gaining or losing weight.
I think you’d agree that this is a huge hodgepodge of “symptoms,” and most of these don’t sound like a whole lot of fun to deal with, either. And it’s understandable that after reading these lists, someone new to the process of spiritual awakening can be left feeling a bit confused.
Back in 2012, James Tyberonn channeled,
“We have told you that the world remakes itself now and whether or not humanity in micro or macro is supportive of expansive change or against it, whether it is understood by mankind en masse or not, it is truly a moot point as the inertia of transition speeds into reality more quickly today than it did yesterday on the linear and Omni-Earth….Each advancing energy will require physical, emotional and mental adjustment to the higher frequencies downloaded.”—Archangel Metatron channeled through James Tyberonn.
What does the above channeling mean? In a nutshell, and on a macro level, it means humanity is adjusting to discovering the truth of its millenia-long journey (implying that as a society, we’ve been living a bunch of lies for a long, long time). (But keep reading and don’t despair … because eventually you’ll discover that even the lies had a noble purpose.)
And on the micro level, it means that we as individuals will need to respond to and adjust to each event or challenge that comes up in our life. Despite the challenges sometimes showing up one right after the other, including sneaking suspicions of lies we’ve believed and have been living since we were children, we will need to make efforts to expand our awareness and respond to each challenge to the best of our ability.
Archangel Metatron encouraged,
“Do not despair, for the symptoms will pass quickly, and the benefits are a stronger ‘you’.”—Archangel Metatron channeled through James Tyberonn.
I agree that many of those symptoms will catalyze your personal growth. This is because when you’re experiencing unpleasant symptoms, you are more motivated to take action and to follow your inner guidance (which will help you discover the truth). However, the physical symptoms will not pass by quickly all on their own. You will need to be proactive about each of them.
Regarding physical symptoms, I’ve seen people on Facebook asking questions such as, Should I do something about this ache and that pain or are they symptoms of ascension and awakening?
When it comes to physical symptoms, you may find that your mysterious aches, pains and skin issues disappear when you eliminate certain foods from your diet. For example, a friend of mine noticed that she has increased stiffness in her body when she eats gluten. So now she avoids it and feels much better as a result. I totally get this, as this has happened to me, too. So I eliminated gluten from my diet about four years ago.
A colleague of mine named Shasta Tierra (an herbalist and licensed acupuncturist in San Jose, CA) has been advising her Natural Health Makeover Class participants to totally eliminate gluten, dairy and GMO foods from their diet, for about a month. Just to see what happens.
People who’ve taken this class have had pains in their arms, swelling in their feet, stiffness, skin irritations and back pains disappear tramadol no prescription within several days of following the healthy diet she recommends. One lady who couldn’t sit at work for more than 45 minutes without experiencing excruciating back pain found herself sitting all morning without having to get up and stretch. But when she slipped back to her normal diet, her back pain came back within a couple of days.
Please don’t ignore these so-called “awakening symptoms.” Be proactive, do some research, and follow your inner guidance.
Regarding the spiritual awakening process though, I like to refer to Father Charlie Moore’s definition of what happens when you begin to awaken, which he borrowed from the Gospel of Thomas:
“Those who seek will find, and that is a promise. Those who find, will find the truth in their own heart. And those who find that truth will be disturbed because of the conflict between what their heart tells them and what they are being told by others.
“Those who are disturbed will wonder and ponder, and at last they will choose the truth in their own heart. They will then become masters of themselves and become truly human, which is the best thing any human can be.”—from Synthesis Remembered: Awakening Original Innocence.
Anyway, I have my own list of what I understand to be essential and relevant signs and symptoms of spiritual awakening. The following is a list of nine “symptoms” I experienced during my process of awakening:
- Painful life changes you can’t explain, or know how you’ll get through. (This helps motivate you to look deep within for the answers. Because that’s where you’ll find the guidance that will actually place you squarely on the path of your awakening.)
- Synchronicities that are meaningful to you. (These help point you in the right direction on your path or help spark a new insight.)
- Intense inner contemplation including questioning and/or reexamining of beliefs and events, especially at three or four in the morning. (This is often triggered by events you can’t explain using your current belief system or knowledge.)
- Receiving “secret messages” from people who may or may not be aware that they’re relaying special messages to you. (Because spirit works in interesting ways.)
- Having the same thing (especially something unusual) happen to you two or three times in a relatively short period of time, like 24 hours. (This assures that you actually notice what your higher self wants you to notice.)
- Waking up in the middle of the night feeling intense confusion. (This means your beliefs and the foundation they are based on are being adjusted. Before you become clear and solid in your new awakened state, you’ll no doubt find yourself mucking through a period of deep confusion.)
- Intense, vivid dreams that seem to point you in a certain direction. (The further along in the process you are, the clearer your dreams will be and the more your dreams will help guide you in your daily life. The dreams will be in metaphor form, often in metaphors that make sense to you.)
- Favorable synchronicities that happen regularly. (You can expect these to occur after you regularly follow through with your inner guidance.)
- Finding yourself laughing more often. (Sometimes you’ll wake up in the middle of the night and in pops a new, freeing insight about one of your beliefs or an event from your past, and then you laugh your head off. Don’t worry about this behavior. It just shows that your higher self has a good sense of humor.)
Experiencing any (or all) of these symptoms means that you’re deep into your spiritual awakening process.
If you want to fast-track your awakening, though, because you’re tired of being in the dark, I’d recommend the book, The Spiritual Awakening Process: Coming Out of the Darkness and Into the Light. This book lays it all out, and is easy to understand, too.
Remember, your individual growth is super important right now. The symptoms you experience aren’t just signs or symptoms. They’re catalysts, designed to assist you in your spiritual growth.Share this